We understand the mixed feelings when your little one starts to show a bond with their babysitter – it’s bittersweet, isn’t it? But at Podar Prep Preschool, we believe that it’s all about finding the right balance.
So, it’s important to remember that your child’s affection for their babysitter doesn’t lessen their love for you. Children have an immense capacity to love, and their attachment to their babysitter simply means they feel safe and cared for in your absence. That’s a positive thing, right?
- Firstly, it’s very important to divide the roles, so there is clarity between you and the helper.
- Secondly, it’s important to keep shuffling these roles, so that they don’t get used to something. For example, if the babysitter is feeding the child every day then on weekends or on a holiday, you should feed your child, so that they do not miss out on these engagements with you.
- Spending quality time together, especially during routine activities like bedtime reading or weekend outings, can foster this connection.
- It is also very important that your child knows the difference between a good touch and a bad touch so that they know what a babysitter can do and cannot. Even though at times, CCTV cameras are set up, it can only tell you what happened but they cannot stop it from happening.
- Lastly, when your child is in need of emotional support, you should be there, even if it is on the call. Emotional needs bring out the connections and enhance the bond and attachments.
At the same time, it’s important to respect and appreciate the bond your child has with their babysitter. Communication is key, both with your child and their babysitter. Make sure your babysitter understands and follows your parenting philosophy to ensure consistency. Regular conversations with your child about their experiences with the babysitter can also help you stay connected to your child’s daily life.
Remember, it’s not a competition, but a partnership. You, as a parent, are irreplaceable. Your child’s relationship with their babysitter doesn’t diminish your role but rather supplements it.
At Podar Prep Preschool, we believe that every child thrives in a circle of love. With your unconditional love as parents and dedicated care from babysitters, your child is blessed with a nurturing atmosphere where they can grow, learn, and flourish.
To contact the nearest Podar Prep centre, click here: https://podarprep.com/locations/