As a parent, finding the right “preschool near me” is just one of the many tasks you have to accomplish. However, after the child has been enrolled in a reputable institution, it is time to focus on their overall health, including their sleeping habits.
Here are five tips to help your kids sleep better:
- Create a Bedtime Routine: Children thrive on routine and consistency. As such, establish a bedtime routine and stick to it. This can include taking a bath, brushing teeth, putting on pajamas, and reading a bedtime story. Doing this every night will help signal to your child that it is time to go to sleep.
- Limit Screen Time: Excessive screen time before bedtime can interfere with your child’s sleep quality. The blue light emitted by devices such as phones and tablets can disrupt the production of the sleep hormone, melatonin. It is advisable to turn off all screens at least an hour before bedtime.
- Encourage Physical Activity: Regular exercise during the day can help your child sleep better at night. Enrol your child in after-school activities or plan outdoor playtime. Physical activity will tire them out, making it easier for them to fall asleep.
- Make the Sleep Environment Comfortable: Ensure that your child’s bedroom is conducive to sleep. Keep it dark, cool, and quiet. Use comfortable bedding and pillows, and avoid loud or disruptive noise.
- Consider a Nightlight: Some children are afraid of the dark and this can prevent them from sleeping well. A nightlight can provide a soft, comforting glow that can help your child feel secure and calm.
A Quick Wrap-up!
A good night’s sleep is essential for your child’s growth and development. Implementing these tips can help your child sleep better and wake up refreshed, ready to tackle the day ahead. At Podar Prep, we teach kids the importance of good sleep as it is crucial for a child’s physical, emotional, and intellectual development.
To contact the nearest Podar Prep centre, click here: https://podarprep.com/locations/